STAR Medicaid benefits are available to you during pregnancy and up to 2 months after birth. As a Texas Children’s Health Plan STAR member, you get:
- Prenatal care.
- Prescription drugs.
- Dental care.
CHIP perinatal benefits include:
- Up to 20 prenatal visits.
- Prescription drug coverage.
- The cost of birth and delivery.
- 2 doctor visits for mom after delivery.
- Regular checkups, vaccines, and prescriptions for your baby during the first months of its life.
Get extra help!
- The Star Babies website with helpful pregnancy-related information.
- 24-Hour Nurse Help Line.
- Help getting to the doctor (additional transportation).
- Case management for members with high-risk pregnancies.
- Childbirth and parenting education classes.
- Monthly newsletter.
- Pregnancy gift program.
- Much more!